18 – 25? Become a board member within an arts organisation
There is a unique opportunity to become a board member within an arts organisation for 18 – 25 year olds. They want to hear the views of young people and give them a real say in the running of their organisations. It will require a weekend of free training at the Birmingham Rep which will then allow you to become a board member at an arts organisation of your interest.
Benefits of doing this training:
- Develop your professionalism.
- Learn about how arts organisations are run.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of board members.
- Find out about the arts organisations that are seeking to recruit young people to their boards.
- Hear about support structures available to board members.
At the end of this training, you will be placed within an arts organisation that you have an interest in, provided with a mentor who is an experienced member of the board and will guide you through your first year with the organisation.
3rd June – Applications deadline.
14th June – Recruitment workshop.
8th October & 9th October – Weekend training.