Apprentice Content Producer/Designer
We do this by providing:
- Careers Education and ‘Foot in the Door Into ….’ Training courses.
- Apprenticeships in a whole range of different roles including digital marketers; digital content producers; graphic designers; theatre technicians, event organisers, business administrators, marketing executives and many others.
- Training courses in digital, marketing and entrepreneurship skills for those looking to set up, grow or move up in their business.
Purpose of the role
Our Creative Content Producer – Design will plan and design creative content for use on our website, social channels, print and all other forms of communication.
- The main responsibility of the Creative Content Producer – Design is to create interesting and engaging graphic design and other digital content that people want to engage with and share. These will include, but is not limited to, brochures, reports, job adverts, case studies and events that all need creating and sharing.
- You’ll be part of the marketing team but expected to also be able to work independently following a brief.
- You’ll be expected to undertake digital marketing training as part of the role. All our digital content creators also need to understand how to best disseminate digital content.
- You’ll need to design and edit all your material and follow our brand guidelines and those of our funders.
- We’ll expect you to communicate professionally with people who you’re featuring in the communications and manage productions from concept to completion.
- We’ll want you to ensure your creative work is completed to the highest standard and upholds our standards, ensuring business professionalism and reputation for excellence
- There will be general admin and office duties as appropriate to the role. You’ll be assisting with production in the office, including research and pre-production tasks. And like everyone in the company, we expect you to make tea and provide client hospitality.
- We’d like you to research into current clients, market trends and competitors and report back to the senior management team how these are using design and digital content.
- You’ll also manage online content – design, create and manage graphic design content across social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Primarily we are looking for someone who is passionate about creativity of all kinds, and who wants to grow within our company and help drive innovation into our communications.
- You’ll need to adhere to company processes, policies and procedures, particularly GDPR data protection legislation and health and safety best practices around social distancing.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant funding conditions and reporting requirements.
- Act as a point of contact for external enquiries and communication.
- Work in a way which celebrates diversity in practice, programmes and projects and encourages best practice.
- Act as a positive advocate of the company at all times.
- Ensure that safeguarding and health & safety policies are observed and positively implemented. Following our Safer Recruitment Policy we will be obtaining an certificate from the Disclosing and Barring Service to make sure there are no reasons why you should not work with children and vulnerable adults.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required and agreed with your line manager
Applicants should be literate and numerate. Grade C/4 and above in English Maths and IT are preferable
What employability Skills do you require: for example:
You’ll need to be confident and polite in talking with people and have excellent communication skills as you’ll need to talk with customers and other team members.
- Familiarisation with Adobe software.
- A flair for creativity – we will need to see examples of work: please embed links to your portfolio / website in your CV or Cover Letter.
- A understanding of using different software packages to create different effects.
- A strong grasp of English.
Training to be provided:
You’ll spend a day a week learning how to include digital marketing knowledge and skills in your work as a digital content producer. This will be via a Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship.
Apprentices learn the skills they need on the job with the guidance of a development coach who is an expert from industry. You will finish your apprenticeship with a recognised qualification, valuable industry experience, money, and substantial opportunities for promotion.
Training is a blended learning delivery model: online learning, classroom sessions, work-based training, independent research, workplace projects, one-to-one support and training. Your training will include:
● Using Social Media in a business environment
● Developing social media campaigns
● Social media advertising
● Risk, Reputation & Crisis Response
● Project Management
● Search Engine Optimisation
● Email marketing
● Content management systems
● Writing for SEO
● Metrics, Analytics, Reports & Optimisation
● Principles of coding level 3: Vendor Qualification
● CIW Social media strategist: Vendor Qualification
● CIW Internet Business Associate: Vendor Qualification
For a full overview of the digital marketer standard please see: https://creativealliance.org.uk/apprenticeships/digital-marketer-level-3/
- Interested in people, learning and creativity.
- Interested in kick starting a career as a creative content producer.
- Able to work swiftly and accurately.
- Able to communicate enthusiastically and clearly with a wide range of people.
- Organised, punctual and reliable.
- Confident and able to contribute your own ideas within a team.