Apprentice Events Assistant
Pandora Events is dedicated to helping companies and individuals – working with an eclectic mix of clients, our services bespoke to go above and beyond our clients needs. Individual or group travel, meetings conferences, full event management, product launches, luxury car tours, creative entertainment, gift sourcing, packing/production, virtual events.
We pride ourselves on the relationships with have with our clients and working as a team and sharing our collective skills, knowledge and experience to create memorable events and a seamless process to achieve the end goal.
Our key objective is to make our clients experience the best possible – sourcing suitable venues, facilitate the booking & invoicing process, offer creative solutions for all events/incentive requirements, whilst providing a friendly and efficient customer experience.
We are now seeking an Events Assistant Apprentice to join our team/Pandora Family to provide support to our Events Team by carrying out a diverse range of tasks necessary to plan, organize and deliver various events. No two days are ever the same, this is a role to gain experience and knowledge – securing a create foundation in the industry and develop and grow within the business.
Day to day duties will be dealing with the day to day enquiries.
- Taking client briefs – asking the right questions
- Researching & negotiating rates
- Venue finding for meeting and accommodation requirements
- Venue & Supplier confirmations
- Client liaison –phone, email and face to face
- Brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts
- Handling budgeting and account management
- Handling logistics – pre and on site under supervision
- Managing communication to all suppliers
- Diary management – personal and team visitors
- Bedrooms allocation Management for events
- Identifying New business opportunities
- Research for event projects – this could be anything – the sky is the limit – need to be creative and open minded
- Onsite Event Management support to Event manager – long hours
- Attending Industry Network Events
- Making the tea or coffee
- Specific responsibilities of an event assistant might include:
- Selecting and reserving venues
- Coordinating outside vendors
- Engaging speakers or entertainment
- Arranging for transportation and parking
- Obtaining necessary permits and appropriate insurance
- Compliance with health and safety standards and CDM
- Developing emergency contingency plans
- Crisis and situation management at the event
- Budget preparation and cost management
- Client engagement
- Customer satisfaction
- Designing a security plan
- Monitoring of the event
This list is by no means complete. Depending on the scope of the event and the other hired professionals, the job responsibilities may vary and you will be expected to learn or accommodate these in to your arsenal and grow, and for this you will be rewarded.
OUR MISSION – Work Hard play hard and play nicely
To ensure the whole process is easy for clients when creating an event, attention to detail at every level, with the end result exceeding expectations. We are a professional, friendly and engaging team with the same goal.
Applicants should be literate and numerate. Grade C/4 and above in English Maths and IT are preferable.
As with most event planning functions, event management requires excellent organizational skills to succeed. The ability to multitask and juggle many moving parts is essential and, along with that top-notch organization comes the need for efficient time management skills.
Being able to prioritize and stay on task is what leads to a successful event. Event management begins with the process of creating a vision for the event and then seeing it through to execution, which calls for both creativity and flexibility.
Because project management is a key element and involves managing not only functions but teams of people, interpersonal skills are also important. Interaction with individuals at all levels of an organization is part of the job and having stellar communication skills and being comfortable and personable will go a long way in developing those relationships.
- Venue Finding
- Highly Organized
- Good time management
- Ability to work weekend events
- Proficiency in Microsoft various event software
- Expert interpersonal skills
- Proactive approach
- Creative thinking
- Commitment to getting the job done – this can mean late nights
- Confident on the phone
- Negotiation skills
- Team Player
- Brings a smile to every task
- Supportive to colleague
Training to be provided:
Events Assistant Level 3 Standard
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Keen to learn and develop skills, and willingness to embrace change
- Ability to think independently and work within a team
- Punctual and Reliable
- Positive, can do attitude
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer services
- Willingness to learn and progress
- Passion and drive