The bulk of our work is producing video series for our customers including educational videos for schools and online courses on subjects from Shakespeare, to ceramics, to dressmaking to social media. We also create short promotional videos for companies for their websites and social media. Once events start up again, we will offer both event videography and photography for promotional purposes. Most of our photography consists of branding photography for companies including: headshots, people at work, products and services. Our clients include: Coventry City Council, The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, Warwickshire County Council, HB&O Accountants, Sew Me Something, The HR Consultants, Action Coach, Benjamin Moore Paints, the Erasmus+ Scheme, King Edward VI School Stratford-upon-Avon, Chipping Campden School. We strongly believe in collaboration and work with a lot of other creative businesses on joint projects or on a freelance basis, and in 2019 we started The Creative Cakestorm group to support creatives and freelancers.
We are looking for a motivated and creative person who wants a career in the video production and photography industries. You’ll need your own transport as our studio is in a rural location outside Stratford upon Avon, some distance away from good public transport links. You’ll mostly be working with and directly accountable to the owner of the business, assisting with all stages of video production and photo shoots from initial brief creation to pre-production, through shooting, editing, final media production and client relations. The role will also involve other areas of running the business from digital marketing, networking, looking after kit, basic admin and project management. At times you’ll also be working with other colleagues in the studio, from designers to craft makers, and also with other freelancers from time to time.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Helping to plan video and photo shoots including equipment lists, locations, script review, shot listing and storyboarding.
- Assisting with photoshoots and video shoots on location and in the studio including lighting, audio and operating cameras.
- Basic video editing using either Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere and photo editing using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Potentially more advanced video editing and motion graphics.
- Assisting with marketing the business including social media, video, photo and written content, attending networking events and expos.
- Digital file management – making sure all content is double-backed up and correctly archived.
- Research to find appropriate digital assets for productions: stills, graphics, templates, music, and sound effects. Learning how to run a creative business from client relations, marketing, sales, financial literacy, business planning and project management.
Applicants should be literate and numerate. Grade C/4 and above in English, Maths and IT are preferable. Some evidence of creation of visual media is preferable, whether photos, video or both.
Attention to detail, proactive and positive, computer literate, an interest in photography and/or video, good communication skills, a good work ethic, a creative flair.
Training to be provided:
Junior Content Producer Level 3 Standard