Apprentice Social Media Videographer
We’ve grown our communities, Birmingham Updates, Best of Bristol & Endless Mythology to over 900,000 followers and have industry leading engagement rates.
Day to day we produce awesome content for our clients and communities and we're looking for a social media videographer who will be responsible for working across a number of different client accounts, and occasionally Birmingham Updates.
This is a unique, exciting opportunity to work with a team of passionate entrepreneurs, building a leading, global media agency. As a result of working with an innovative new company, you’ll receive direct insight into the day-to-day running of a media startup.
Day to day you will be creating videos with yourself on camera, talking about subjects related to the community you’re working on. This could involve talking about almost anything from top places to eat, great parks to visit with the family. You will be responsible for being out and about in the West Midlands filming at a variety of locations both inside and out. You will also edit videos in a format that is suitable for social media.
This is an apprenticeship role on an initial 15 month contract. However, there is scope for this to be extended and for full time employment based on performance and successful completion of your apprenticeship.
You’ll be required to film across the West Midlands so being based in this location is crucial and having a driving licence would be ideal.
You will be the video presenter on some unique social media communities that we own, primarily on TikTok.
Day to day you will be creating videos with yourself on camera, talking about subjects related to the community you’re working on. This could involve talking about almost anything from Birmingham, history, art, science, politics, football etc.
You’re essentially going to be the face that thousands of people will see each day when new videos go up on our social media channels, so you will have to be comfortable being on camera and acting in front of people.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create daily presenter led videos for TikTok for one of our social media accounts
- Edit videos so they work for TikTok & Instagram
- Create ideas for your content for the social media accounts you are working on
- Film regular videos for our clients across locations across the West Midlands
- Create storyboards for shoots
- Create graphics & overlays to include in the videos as well as subtitle the video
- Liaise with the client to organise shoots
- Get Creative: Experiment with nonsense
- Be Curious: Ask questions, big and small
- Bring Passion: Be obsessed with social media
- Applicants should be literate and numerate. Grade C/4 and above in English Maths and IT are preferable
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate work examples and ideally have 6-12 months experience with Videography.
Throughout your application, please include answers to the following questions:
- Please provide a link to the best thing you've filmed for social media (we're only interested in something that is portrait).
- What makes video work on social media?
- Extremely confident on camera
- Ability to edit videos for TikTok
- Experience of creating content for social media
- The ability to deal with sign off process for content
Training to be provided:
Junior Content Producer Level 3 Standard
- You’ll love being creative and coming up with new ideas
- Ability to challenge, be decisive and commit to strategies
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation
- Enjoy a small team environment