This role is a developmental position, and the skills, knowledge and behaviours will be developed within the workplace and supported by a delivery partner appointed to support the team member. During the period of learning and development the person in this role will be expected to develop and demonstrate the tasks and duties outlined below in additional to the competencies outlined with the apprenticeship standard (ST0070)
To provide administration support and solutions across the GBS LEP team, ensuring timely and accurate recording, note taking and reporting, in hard copy and electronic formats. To provide administrative support to management staff and to clerk key internal and external meetings. To be responsible for supporting for the efficient running of the office operations.
Main roles to include;
- Act as an additional point of contact for visiting partners and clients, including managing reception service
- Support the arrangement of meetings by scheduling appropriate meeting times, booking rooms, and planning refreshments
- Manages correspondence by answering emails and sorting and redirecting physical mail if needed.
- Assists in planning and arranging internal events, including organising catering and resources if needed.
- Answer phone calls and transfers them as necessary to the appropriate GBS LEP team member or other staff or colleagues within the GBSLEP, Growth Hub business and skills support services.
- Drafts, formats, and prints relevant documents
- Maintains stock lists and orders office supplies as needed
- Supports management team and carries out their requests
- Creates agendas and takes meeting notes
- Maintains accurate internal records (e.g. meeting room availability, holidays, filing)
- Helps and supporting outgoing post and records data on special deliveries
- Photocopies and filing of appropriate documents as needed
- Attends workshops, events and conferences when requested
- Ensures the smooth functioning and appearance of the Skills Hub offices (supported by all staff)
- Comply with and support the health, safety and welfare of Skills Hub Team and colleagues working within the GBS LEP.
- Work in accordance with all the GBS LEP policy guidelines and procedures and within the requirements of the ESF projects to support compliance.
- Supports in the implementation of wider organisational policies in Skills Hub
- Take responsibility for own development within the scope of the apprenticeship learning plan.
- Be diligent in working towards agreed milestones, raise any concerns or issues with the learning process in an appropriate and timely way.
- Manage own time and balance the daily workload and the learning program needs.
Excellent IT Skills (particularly MS Office suite) (D)
Handling confidential information/Knowledge of GDPR (D)
Communication skills (D)
Note/minute taking and preparation of papers for meetings (D)
Understanding of local economic development agenda (Incl. LEPS/Skills Hubs) (D)
Good working knowledge of best practice and compliance required for health safety, wellbeing and sustainability within an office environment (D)
Qualifications / memberships
Grade 4/C in GCSE English and Maths (E)
Office work (D)
Office management (D)
Support to Exec team/senior management (D)
Customer service (D)
Enquiry handling (D)
Record keeping (D)
Attitude / Behaviours (D)
A professional approach to work (D)
Takes responsibility for own personal development and is motivated to achieve. (D)
Organised and plans work to meet deadlines (D)
Training to be provided:
Business Administration Level 3 Standard
Apprentices learn the skills they need on the job with the guidance of a development coach who is an expert from industry. You will finish your apprenticeship with a recognised qualification, valuable industry experience, money, and substantial opportunities for promotion.
Training is a blended learning delivery model: online learning, classroom sessions, work-based training, independent research, workplace projects, one-to-one support and training. Your training will include:
Record Document Production
Stakeholders and Stakeholder Management
Planning and Organisation
Effective Project Management
For a full overview of the business administrator standard please click on the following link: https://creativealliance.org.uk/apprenticeships/business-administrator-level-3/