The Museum of Islamic Arts & Heritage (MIAH) Foundation is a charitable organisation established in 2020.
We are looking for a reliable and enthusiastic Cultural Learning and Participation Officer to join our small team of staff and volunteers based in our new gallery space in Balsall Heath, Birmingham. Over the next year we will developing a full programme of activities to engage local communities and schools. Your role will be to support the planning, organising and co-ordination of our artistic and cultural education workshops, our schedules of activity and community engagement projects.
In addition to your off-the-job training, you will be provided with in-house subject training, teaching and guided resources to increase your knowledge and understanding around Islamic art and history.
- You will develop learning resources and workshop materials on Islamic arts, culture, heritage or history.
- You will liaise with schools, community groups and arts providers to deliver our workshops and promote our work.
- You will support and co-ordinate the delivery of our own events and exhibitions and occasionally those of our collaborators and strategic partners when we host their events in our space. This will include liaising and co-ordinating with our volunteer teams.
- You will share small snapshots of our learning resources and research on social media
- Demonstratable interest or study of art and / or history
- Familiarity with Microsoft software (preferable).
- Ability to work with members of the public.
- Ability to use social media and ability to use Twitter/X, Instagram, Facebook and Tiktok to publicise events.
- Knowledge of using additional software and programmes such as Photoshop/Adobe, Canva and MailChimp is an advantage.
- Fine attention to detail.
In addition, you will share some light administrative duties such as replying to general enquiries and updating web pages (training will be provided).