Other than manufacturing, everything from design to content production & marketing, is handled in-house, by a small team with a strong foundation in collaboration and supporting each other to achieve the best results.
Prospective candidates will benefit from gaining experience thanks to a strong, friendly support network of colleagues who are keen to bring the best out of each other, whilst also being encouraged to work independently, voicing ideas and opinions to build self- confidence & maximise their potential.
For candidates keen to improve their skills in the workplace, whilst gaining perspective on all aspects of running a fashion brand, this is the perfect opportunity.
You will join the design team of a Birmingham Based Menswear Fashion Designer, the candidate will be working with the design team on a diverse range of design projects for multiple brands. Candidates who are successful in their apprenticeship will be offered a full-time role at the end of their term.
Day to Day responsibilities
- Working with creative teams and contributing ideas for designs.
- Developing skills in design and trends in fashion
- Understanding and adhering to brand guidelines for design
- Developing proofs on designs for clothes and projects
- Working across teams and developing an understanding of developing other creative content.
- Designing patterns, and working to understand how to create and develop clothes.
- Developing skills in animation and video
- Working with web team to help maintain the website
- Keeping up to date with fashion & modern design trends
Applicants should be literate and numerate. Grade C/4 and above in English Maths and IT are preferable
- Candidates should be excellent communicators and should be proficient in both spoken & written English.
- Candidate should have good organisation skills.
- Candidates should be computer literate.
- Experience in using Adobe Illustrator & Adobe Photoshop would be advantageous but is not essential.
- An interest in the fashion industry is desirable but not essential.
- We do need to see a creative portfolio – preferable fashion orientated but definitely creative.
Training to be provided:
Junior Content Producer Level 3 Standard
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Keen to learn and develop skills, and willingness to embrace change
- Ability to think independently and work within a team
- Punctual and Reliable