Digital Marketing Apprentice
We deliver developmental programmes, taking positive approaches to help young people experiencing challenging circumstances move forward in their lives. Programmes are designed to support young people to thrive, regardless of the challenges they face.
Our ethos is based upon a shared commitment to reaching young people where they are, building relationships of respect and trust, and supporting young people to succeed.
To assist in the digital marketing and promotion of projects and activities aimed to engage young people in to positive activities. The role provides excellent hands-on learning and experience of digital marketing in a busy youth and community charity. It involves assisting our team in promoting all marketing and promotional activity, including:
- Marketing our projects using social media, email marketing
- Generating digital content: animation, copy, graphics & video
- SEO and reporting on data & trends
This includes creating and editing content for websites, social media and print materials; assisting in social media planning and scheduling; reporting on SEO and other analytics. It offers an excellent way to build skills, experience and networks that will start your career in digital marketing, social media and communications with a well renowned charity.
Above all we are looking for someone who can use their own initiative and can bring ideas to the table. You’ll thrive from delivering quality results from your work. Any experience with digital marketing will be advantageous. A willingness to learn and get stuck in will be key to growing in this role and being a successful member of the team.
- Populate the websites and social media feeds for the Positive Youth Foundations core audiences
- Generate and regularly update content for the organisations social media feeds (Twitter and Instagram) including text, images and, when appropriate, video.
- Write and upload web content including news stories and event listings
- Conduct simple editing of images for use on website and social media, e.g. – resizing & cropping
- Assist in social media campaign planning and scheduling
- Assist in the writing and sending of e-flyers
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our website
- Assist with planning and delivery of podcasting and livestreaming activity as appropriate
- Generate social media analytics reports using Google Analytics
- Liaise with the team and our partners to obtain text, images and video for promotional materials and use online.
- Assist in creating promotional materials
- Adhere to company processes, policies and procedures, particularly GDPR data protection legislation and health and safety best practices around safeguarding of young people
- Ensure compliance with all relevant funding conditions and reporting requirements
- Work in a way which celebrates diversity in practice, programmes and projects and encourages best practice
- Act as a positive advocate of PYF at all times
- Ensure that safeguarding and health & safety policies are observed and positively implemented
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required and agreed with your line manager
Applicants should be literate and numerate. Grade C/4 and above in English, Math’s and IT are preferable
- Excellent literacy, written and spoken communication skills
- Experience of using multiple social networks
- GDPR aware
- Good IT skills including MS office
- Basic image editing
- Able to work to a brief or use initiative
- Confidence, self-motivation
- Passion for design and presentation of digital outputs
- Able to work to a brief, independently and as part of a team.
Training to be provided:
Apprentices learn the skills they need on the job with the guidance of a development coach who is an expert from industry. You will finish your apprenticeship with a recognised qualification, valuable industry experience, money, and substantial opportunities for promotion.
Training is a blended learning delivery model: online learning, classroom sessions, work-based training, independent research, workplace projects, one-to-one support and training. Your training will include:
● Using Social Media in a business environment
● Developing social media campaigns
● Social media advertising
● Risk, Reputation & Crisis Response
● Project Management
● Search Engine Optimisation
● Email marketing
● Content management systems
● Writing for SEO
● Metrics, Analytics, Reports & Optimisation
● Principles of coding level 3: Vendor Qualification
● CIW Social media strategist: Vendor Qualification
● CIW Internet Business Associate: Vendor Qualification
For a full overview of the digital marketer standard please see: https://creativealliance.org.uk/apprenticeships/digital-marketer-level-3/
- Interested in Tech and Digital Media
- Interested in kick starting a career in digital arts marketing and communications
- Able to work swiftly and accurately
- Able to communicate enthusiastically and clearly with a wide range of people
- Organised, punctual and reliable
- Confident and able to contribute your own ideas within a team
- Able to act constructively and objectively to feedback given