Digital Marketing Apprentice
Sew Me Something is seeking a new Digital Marketing Apprentice to join our expanding team. Someone who is friendly, self motivated, highly organised and creative, that can help us share information and promotions in exciting and customer focussed ways as well as maintain and monitor the smooth running of our website behind the scenes.
If you want to be a part of an exciting and growing creative business then this is for you.
The main focus of Sew Me Something is to help people, and this should be yours too. Sew Me Something has been helping people to sew and make their own clothes for nearly 9 years with our own range of dressmaking patterns and online courses. We have grown from a simple haberdashery store to an award winning, multi strand business providing help and support for would be dressmakers and crafters. It is important to go that extra mile and put a smile on someone’s face to brighten up their day. We are a small but supportive creative team and the business has grown exponentially over the last 12 months, necessitating the expansion of our team to maintain and increase our market presence.
This role is an integral part of our team reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will need to be able to work alongside others but also be happy to work on your own, implementing our marketing strategy to enhance and promote Sew Me Something and our other brands. You will also need to be tech savvy to monitor and maintain the digital sides of our websites to ensure accuracy and customer satisfaction. But also able to use your creativity to help create content for marketing purposes.
You will need to have excellent organisational and communication skills, be able to work unsupervised and use your own initiative to prioritise tasks.
We have regular meetings to monitor the progress of the business so you will need to be approachable and friendly, but equally able to voice your opinion if you can see a better way of working.
Flexibility is key within this role as we help each other within the team as well as focussing on helping our customers. So we all chip in to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible. This means you will also gain experience in other departments.
Although your hours will be mainly during the working week, we normally attend a number of exhibitions and shows throughout the year and your participation in some of those will be required, as and when we are able to attend these again. The shows are great fun and allow us to chat directly with our customers gaining invaluable feedback on our products and workshops.
This position is currently a full time role and the most important aspect to any candidate will be their “Can- Do” positive attitude. We need a driven and ambitious individual to help support the Marketing Manager across a variety of tasks including:
- Creating marketing collateral and content for the company website, social media, campaigns and newsletters.
- Implementing our marketing strategy and promotional activities using multiple platforms including – Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Mailchimp.
- Responding to customer queries on our social channels and digital social groups.
- Ensuring brand values and guidelines are maintained across all digital channels.
- Analysing and reporting on data and assisting the team in the preparation and implementation of the commercial and marketing strategies.
- Ensuring the data on the CRM system is regularly updated to improve communication with customers.
- Creating and uploading content and listing products on the company website.
- Writing and proofreading copy.
- Evaluating marketing campaigns using tracking and analytical software and assessing the results.
- Regular SEO optimisation checks and reporting.
- Researching market trends, demographics, pricing strategies, and other relevant information to aid the development of marketing plans.
- Providing fact-checking, copy-editing, and formatting assistance during the creation of website content, and other promotional materials.
- Undertaking daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department's activities including helping with the printing and packing our patterns.
- 6 GCSE Grade 4 – 9 including Maths, English and IT
- We welcome any examples of previous work (graphics, videos, social media content for example.
- Great interpersonal skills and a team player
- Possess a creative flair to help devise and carry out marketing campaigns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to adapt to fast-changing situations
- Proactive, accurate and fast
- Calm under pressure
- IT skills: Proficient in MS Office packages, experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, would be advantageous
- Confident using a camera to take product photos and videos as needed.
Training to be provided:
Digital Marketer Level 3 Standard
- An interest in dressmaking, or fashion is desirable but not essential.
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Keen to learn and develop skills, and willingness to embrace change
- Ability to think independently and work within a team
- Punctual and Reliable