Growth & Skills Hub Events & Engagement Officer (Apprentice)
To enable the delivery of a stimulating and engaging programme of events for clients of the Growth Hub & Skills Service, meeting the needs of local businesses and the community. This will take the form of digital and physical events. To ensure regular, effective liaison with internal operational teams to support the delivery of their objectives through events. To inform, engage and delight Hub clients and residents with hybrid outreach activities.
Day to Day roles include;
- To support end-to-end delivery of a programme of Growth Hub & Skills Services events, meeting the needs of Local Businesses, communities and partners
- To curate and manage information on events through the Hub, linked projects, and partners
- To keep the website updated with accurate and timely information on events and activities
- To liaise regularly with partners so that they use the Growth Hub & Skills Services as a key channel to market
- To be the contact point for partners working with the Growth Hub & Skills Services regarding sharing information or delivering joint events
- To help prepare attendance lists, feedback forms for every event and ensure all events and interactions are appropriately recorded on the CRM system
- Bring creativity and inspiration to Growth Hub & Skills Services, events and the customer experience, ensuring high levels of client satisfaction
- To ensure that events and partner activities are part of the overall marketing drive for the Hub
- To assist with ensuring the events and activities comply with funder requirements (ERDF, ESF, BEIS, etc) for example, event records, promotional activity, publicity requirements
- To ensure any relevant activities comply with GDPR
- To accurately collate event management information and assist in preparing reports for the Growth Hub and Skills Services
- To assist with other duties as reasonably requested
- Take responsibility for own development, to learn the requirements of the role within the scope of the apprenticeship learning plan.
Be diligent in working towards agreed milestones, raise any concerns or issues with the learning process in an appropriate and timely way.
Manage own time and balance the daily workload and the learning program needs.
GCSE English and Maths at grade 4/C
Understanding of SME drivers and behaviours and how to engage them (E)
Understanding of economic development and role of LEPs/Hubs (D)
Understanding of promotional activities for residents and how to engage them (D)
Good working knowledge of best practice and compliance required for health, safety, wellbeing and sustainability within an office environment (D)
Any relevant bodies (D)
Work experience particular
Experience of delivering events (online and physical) (E)
Understanding of marketing and engagement channels (E)
Experience of partnership working and delivering campaigns and events in collaboration (E)
Experience of delivering to tight deadlines (E)
Attitude / Behaviours
Flexible to varied demands and pressures
Have an enthusiastic and positive approach to providing swift and accurate service.
Show tact and discretion with sensitive information.
Contribute to conversations with team members and share ideas with confidence
Remain calm and positive under pressure.
Take pride in producing accurate work with consistently strong attention to detail, seeking clarity where necessary.
Training to be provided:
Events Assistant Level 3 Standard
Apprentices learn the skills they need on the job with the guidance of a development coach who is an expert from industry. You will finish your apprenticeship with a recognised qualification, valuable industry experience, money, and substantial opportunities for promotion.
Training is a blended learning delivery model: online learning, classroom sessions, work-based training, independent research, workplace projects, one-to-one support and training. Your training will include:
Preparing for your apprenticeship
Preparing for your employer
The need for events
The expectations of your customers and clients
Knowing your stakeholders and vendors
Event rules and regulations
Making technology work for your event
Analysing event success
Preparing for your event
For a full overview of the event assistant standard please click on the following link: https://creativealliance.org.uk/apprenticeships/events-assistant-level-3/