About the Company
Sony Music Publishing, established in 1995, is the world’s leading music publisher. The company owns or administers a diverse catalogue of songs by iconic artists and songwriters including The Beatles, Queen, Motown, Carole King, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson and The Rolling Stones, as well as contemporary songwriters like Ed Sheeran, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Olivia Rodrigo, Pharrell Williams, Rihanna and many more.
About the Department
This dynamic, high performing People Experience (Px) team contributes to the delivery of the ‘top company objectives’ through strategic and timely interventions throughout the employee cycle. Our aim is to deliver operational excellence to give a best-in-class employee experience. We don't settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes SMP a great place to be.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team. The Apprentice will gain a first taste of HR and learn what the HR function deals with on a day-to-day basis. Primarily the Apprentice will provide administrative support for a generalist team of 5 in all aspect of HR. The Apprentice will, alongside the Px Coordinators, provide first line support for a client group of c.450 employees across  International territories. The Apprentice will learn to provide a comprehensive range of HR administrative and co-ordination tasks across a broad range of HR areas, including maintaining first-class record keeping, developing and maintaining relationships and providing excellent support to our internal stakeholders.
The Apprentice will also provide a basic level of PA support to the Vice President, People Experience, UK & International to include diary management, meeting set-up, claiming business expenses and booking travel arrangements.
The Apprentice will be given opportunities to support the team in ad-hoc projects and will be encouraged to contribute and offer ideas for process improvements and new ways of working as we strive for excellence.
What You’ll Do: (job responsibilities to include but not limited to)
- Management of Recruitment Outlook Mailbox.
- Update and publication of weekly One Sony vacancy notice.
- Close adverts and manage declinations to unsuccessful applicants using LinkedIn Recruiter tool.
- Support recruiting managers with the set-up of interviews if required.
Onboarding & Offboarding
- Set up and maintenance of electronic employee files.
- Prepare ‘Welcome Packs’ for new hires.
- Maintenance of registration on various portals e.g. The Playlist, LinkedIn Learning, International MS Teams channel, Hub-4 etc.
- Update Global Starter & Leaver tracker.
Learning & Development
- Organise logistics and resources for learning events (meeting room booking and set-up, organise catering, IT set-up).
- Send out joining instructions.
- Maintain attendance tracker.
- Send out and follow-up event Evaluations.
- Monitoring and follow-up of outstanding online compliance modules.
- Publication of monthly team bulletin.
- Update and maintain invoice tracker.
- Management of Px Outlook mailbox.
- Validation of data integrity on Workday using pre-populated reports.
- Regular update of Org Charts for all teams using Viso.
- Develop Wellbeing Events Calendar.
- Job Descriptions: following up internal stakeholders for missing JDs and reformatting where required.
- Create and maintain a new shared team filing system.
- Ad-hoc research as new projects come online.
- Diary management for VP, acting as Gatekeeper for stakeholders requesting meetings.
- Prepare materials and/or information for VP in readiness for calls, internal meetings and external appointments.
- Booking travel requirements for VP and Senior International BP as required.
- Collate and submit VPs Business expense claims at regular intervals.
Any other duties as reasonable requested.
Essential Key Skills
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong attention to details and high levels of accuracy.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Willing and eager to learn, and proactive in sharing ideas.
- Desire to produce high quality work in content and presentation.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong IT literacy.
- Experienced in the use of various social media platforms.
- Interest in Human Resources.
- Loves music.