Trainer: Digital Media & Digital Marketing
Full-time & part-time hours available
PAYE (although freelancers would be considered)
12-month rolling contract
£28-30k per annum dependent on experience
Closing date: Monday 9th August 2021
Interviews: w/b 16th August 2021
Potential Start Date: September 2021
We need Digital Media / Marketing Trainers with a background in one or more of these areas: coding, digital content production, digital design and digital marketing.
Our Digital Media / Marketing Trainers will design, run and evaluate digital media and digital marketing courses for people looking to upskill themselves. These will be young people aged 18-25 on Kickstart placements, unemployed adults looking to retrain and people employed in a variety of businesses needing to improve their digital skills for business.
Creative Alliance is a work-based learning provider delivering creative, digital and marketing apprenticeships and other training programmes.
Our Digital Media / Marketing Trainers must have experience in planning and delivering training and have relevant industry qualifications and training qualification or be prepared to work towards acquiring a qualification in training as part of the role.
Purpose of this Role
The role of a Digital Media / Marketing Trainer is to plan, deliver and evaluate training courses in:
- Coding & web design
- Digital content production
- Digital design
- Digital marketing
We need trainers who can plan excellent teaching sessions and resources, deliver learning that engages and motivates people and enables them to develop new knowledge and skills and then assess that learning so that people acquire a range of industry certification and qualifications.
The Key Performance Indicator for this role is that 100 learners are taught over the course of one year and that 85% of those complete and pass their accreditation / qualification.
Key duties and responsibilities
There are four Introductory Courses that are 60 hours long delivered either over 12 weeks with one session / week or 6 weeks with two sessions a week.
Introduction to Digital Content Creation for Business
Producing effective digital content for your website, social media, print & presentation needs.
Introduction to Coding and Web Design for Business
Understanding the importance of code and digital systems to your business
Introduction to Digital Marketing for Business
Planning, implementing and analysing effective digital marketing campaigns for your Business.
Introduction to Digital Design for Business
How to produce effective design to improve the communication of your business
Introductory courses are aligned to industry developed certification and learners will have the opportunity to develop portfolios and sit tests to gain certifications from Aim Group.
Familiarity with courses such as Google Garage and Comptia helps but is not essential but will be useful. See Appendix 1 for the typical course content you will be enabling learners to become knowledgeable and skilled in. In your application please indicate which content in which courses you have experience of designing and delivering training in.
It is vitally important that Trainers are skilled at providing feedback to enable learners to improve their work and then assess the work to decide if final work that is submitted meets the learning and assessment criteria for certification.
The trainer will also be required to support the delivery of training sessions run for our apprentices.
Training sessions are held at our training centre at Zellig in Central Birmingham. All training from September will be delivered via our Digital Learning Hub which will enable learners to attend the same session either in centre or on-line. Sessions must be recorded and stored on our server for learners to access in the event they cannot attend the live training.
There will be options to complete the courses during working hours, and/or in evenings. 50% of delivery will be in-person with a trainer and the other 50% will be self-study by the learner.
It will be delivered through:
- Hands on workshops;
- Guided independent study;
- Mentoring by the Trainer;
- Employability support: how to best present yourself on paper, on-line and in person;
- Industry connections: meet employers to understand their take on digital skills;
- Real world projects such as implementing and analysing a digital campaign; producing the digital content to a client brief and investigating how Artificial Intelligence or Virtual Reality could enhance a service offer.
Progression will be built in through:
- Individual Learning Plans and setting and monitoring targets.
- Support with applying for apprenticeships and other higher paying roles.
The course content for the introductory courses has been developed to map against the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours of these Level 3 apprenticeships:
- Digital / Junior Content Producer
- Digital Marketer
This will enable learners to work at a Level 3 and become familiar with basic concepts and expectations which also achieving vendor qualifications.
Digital Media / Marketing Trainers will be expected to:
- Manage their own caseload and own diary.
- Carry out initial assessments and skills scans and then develop an individual learning plan with each learner.
- Retain learners engaged on the programme and manage their learning and achievement in line with targets and objectives set in the individual learning plan.
- Complete internal and external quality assurance activities, where required.
- Write planning and feedback reports and upload these on the portal. A planning report is the evidence you have agreed with the learner what they will provide for the next assessment. A feedback report is your assessment of evidence they have provided and how this maps across to assessment criteria contained within the learning units of the qualification.
- Conduct and record regular reviews with the learner to check on progress and how they are implementing their learning in the workplace.
Skills and Experience Required
- A Degree, Higher education Qualification or professional qualification helps but as a work-based learning provider we also value experience.
- Professional competence in digital media and digital marketing which typically will have been gained through working in that industry for at least two years.
- Understanding of equality & diversity issues & how these impact on learning.
- Ability to identify & help learners overcome barriers to progress and achievement.
- Trainer qualifications or demonstrate that are working towards these.
- Sufficiently competent and confident to train others in the use of software packages: will need to specify which software packages has competence in.
- Basic experience of HTML and word press and can help a learner understand how to apply their design skills in a digital context is welcome.
- Thorough understanding of working with clients: developing & responding to briefs; pitches, client management.
- Experience of training others on a 1:2:1 and small group basis.
- An effective communicator who is can collaborate with colleagues, employers and learners to achieve objectives & deal with people at all levels in a confident and professional manner.
- A commitment to delivering a high standard of work and continuous improvement.
- A ‘can do’ approach with an ability to be flexible
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Sensitivity in dealing with confidential information.
- Solution focused
If you don’t yet have the 6502 Award in Education and Training (formerly PTLLS) & the Assessing Competence in The Workplace qualification (formerly A1/D32D33 qualifications), you will be expected to achieve that within the first six months of starting with us.
You will report to our Quality Improvement Manager on all matters relating to teaching, learning and assessment and to our Operations Manager on all matters relating to compliance with paperwork. Induction will be provided.
To apply please send a CV & covering letter outlining your industry knowledge and skills, the organisations you have worked for as a professional practitioner and those you have worked with as a Trainer if appropriate. Please email it to email@example.com
Please download the full job description here
Creative Alliance operates a safer recruitment process. If successful you will be required to provide a recent Disclosure and Barring Service certificate or apply for one and references will be sought enquiring if the referee knows of any reason why you should not be working with an organization that works with children and vulnerable adults.