There are a growing number of teenagers that are finishing college and choosing not to continue on to University, instead they are going down the route of apprenticeships.
Why? Apprenticeships are the perfect choice for 16-18 year olds who aren’t too sure on a career path and perhaps want to experience a certain field of work for themselves if unsure about it. The best thing about apprenticeships is earning while learning. A typical apprenticeship programme will last for 12 months; some 24 months and on many occasions, apprenticeships have been taken on as full time workers at the company.
But why should you consider taking on an apprentice? Keep on reading to find out how taking on an apprentice can benefit you as a business.
Taking on an apprentice can provide real returns to your bottom line leading to lower overall training and the cost of the recruitment will help boost productivity, thus making your business more competitive.
It can be quite rewarding, especially if you train your own apprentice to adapt to the work environment and specific style of your company. It can also prove easy to teach apprentices about your business as they tend to be eager and incredibly motivated at the prospect of gaining experience in their desired field of work, they will be loyal to the business.
If that isn’t convincing enough to take on an apprentice, let’s take a look at some of the facts:
- Approximately 80% of employers of have taken on apprentices have agreed the workplaces has increased in productivity
- And 88% of employers who have taken on apprentices claim that they lead to a more motivated and satisfied workplace
- 81% of consumers prefer to liaise with a company that takes on apprentices
- Those that take on an apprentice between 16 to 18 will only be paying for their salary (the National Minimum Wage for apprentices being £2.73) and the Government will fund their training
- There are currently over 85,000 employers offering Apprenticeships in over 130,000 locations
- 1 in 5 employers are hiring more apprentices to help them through the tough economic climate
- Roughly 83% of employers that take on apprentices rely on their apprenticeships programme to provide skilled workers they require in the future
Please visit our website if you’d like further information about apprenticeships!