Graphic Design Apprentice
We are looking for a talented illustrator / graphic designer to assist with day to day artwork requirements, website administration, print shop management– all within our small, friendly & thriving business.
The core role will be creative/graphic based and based around print job management, however as part of the apprenticeship your job will also include working on our social media platforms.
In addition to the above, there is an expectation at peak trading times for all staff (including directors!) to assist on the production floor making trophies and putting medals together.
We are looking for a keen, enthusiastic employee with a can-do attitude that is willing to be flexible to suit the business needs. We offer a great step into the world of employment with a role that offers a wide range of creative experience to put on your C.V.
There is a genuine opportunity to have permanent employment at the end of the apprenticeship as we would be looking to retain strong candidates with a job offer of employment.
Day to Day Responsibilties Include;
- Artwork creation for medals, belts, custom awards
- Product design
- Artwork updates and managing customer proofing through to approval
- Website Administration
- At peak times production work building trophies/medals/engraving
- Learning to set up print jobs and co-ordinate production of print
- General Admin and making sure they maintain processes
- Adhering to all health and safety procedures put forward by the company.
- Assisting with customer orders and ensuring orders are correct.
- Working on apprenticeship work taking time to ensure you pass the course and dedicate time to it.
- Updating social media platforms on a weekly basis and measuring effectiveness of campaigns
- Applicants should be literate and numerate. Grade C/4 and above in English Maths and IT are preferable
- Attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of photoshop and illustrator with a portfolio of work or examples
- Proactive and positive with a can-do attitude
- Computer-literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Effective communication skills
Training to be provided:
Junior Content Producer:
Apprentices learn the skills they need on the job with the guidance of a development coach who is an expert from industry. You will finish your apprenticeship with a recognised qualification, valuable industry experience, money, and substantial opportunities for promotion.
Training is a blended learning delivery model: online learning, classroom sessions, work-based training, independent research, workplace projects, one-to-one support and training. Your training will include:
• Brand & Brand Awareness
• Content Planning & Pitching
• Content Development
• Principles of Graphic Design
• Image Editing & Manipulation
• Illustration & Vectors
• Video Capture & Editing
• Desktop Publishing
• Web Design & User Experience
• SEO & Blog Writing
• Content Distribution & social media
• Analytics & Feedback
For a full overview of the junior content producer standard please see: https://creativealliance.org.uk/apprenticeships/junior-content-producer-level-3/
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Keen to learn and develop skills, and willingness to embrace change
- Ability to think independently and work within a team
- Punctual and Reliable